Noticed puss form in penis long with swelling. Chances of STD and suggest medicine to reduce swelling?

Apr 2013

General Surgeon
I could see a puss form in my pennis(just left of the head) along with swelling(foreskin is pulled back and red part could be seen).

I don't have any direct body contact but had my girl friend was on my lap for 15-20 mts. Is there a possibility of sexual transmitted disease ? if yes, How harm it is? Can you suggest any antiboitics/cream to reduce my swelling. It has been 4 days .It looks like its getting better .There is absolutely no pain/any other inconvenience.

I dont have any insurance and might not be possible to visit a doctor now. I just want to wait for 1 more week to see the progress.Please help !
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 2 hours later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you for your query.

This is significant sign and such puss filled lesions are indicating bacterial infection.
There is some posiblity of yast infection,allergy or irritation ,but if this is puss for sure then this shold be treated with certain antibiotics( usually doxycicline or azytromycine). It would be easier if you post photo of it.
YOu can wait,nothing serious can happen,but it might not heal spontaneously and if there is any sign of progression,you should do STD testing and start antibiotic treatment. It can be STD if there wasnt contact during the sexual intercourse,but it can be infection which isnt caused by STD.
For swelling,you can apply nystatine cream or some mild topcal corticosteroide cream so ask your pharmacist about it. If there is fever,pain while urinating,swelling progression or penis discharge, you should visit urologist.
WIsh you good health. If you have any questions I ll be glad to help. Regards