Noticed pus from penis. Foreskin swollen. Possibility of sexually transmitted disease?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I could see a puss form in my pennis(just left of the head) along with swelling(foreskin is pulled back and red part could be seen).

I didnt had any direct body contact but had my girl friend was on my lap for 15-20 mts(with my garments on) . Is there a possibility of sexual transmitted disease ? if yes, How harm it is? Can you suggest any an.tiboitics/cream to reduce my swelling. It has been 4 days .It looks like its getting better .There is absolutely no pain/any other inconvenience.

I dont have any insurance and might not be possible to visit a doctor now. I just want to wait for 1 more week to see the progress.Please help !
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 12 days later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed what is termed as Paraphimosis.

Please take antibiotics available over the counter and apply topical antibiotics ointment like Neosporin twice daily.

Please ensure to clean your genitals with plain warm water twice daily.

It should get cured within a week.
Dr.Patil.