Noticed purple thumb and bruise on forearm with red dots from wrist to elbow. What is it?

About a month ago I awoke to purple thumb print bruises on my left forearm along with red dots from my wrist to my elbow. They came back today in the same pattern... what is this? I didn't injure myself, these bruises are unexplained.
Posted Sun, 5 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic!
An eruption on forearm overnight means some insect bite or exposure to some new brand consumer product to which toy are allergic.
Re-examine your arm- find the place with maximum density of lesions and try to find out if there are any raised watery pimples indicative of bite marks.
The lesions need to be treated with antihistaminics and steroids if severe and are self limiting problems. This rash should settle within a week if not then you need to be examined in person by a physician and he will advise investigations required.
Please reply in a follow up query whether the lesions are in increasing/decreasing trend.
whether they are painful
Load a photograph of the entire limb and a close shot of lesions.

I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!