Noticed purple dot on bottom lip. Am I at the risks of STD?

Hi, doctor I noticed today that i'm a purple dot on my bottom lip. I haven't been drinking a lot of water- however i'm XXXXXXX and was making out with a guy on Saturday. Do you think I caught something or just a lack water maybe. I'm worried.
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

I will be able to understand your condition better if you can provide the following information:

1. Since when do you have the lesion on the lip?
2. How big is the lesion?
3. Is it associated with redness, itching or pain?
4. Have you applied any medications for the same?

If possible please do attach an image of the lesion here, so that I shall have a look at it and identify the cause.

Waiting for your response...

Best Wishes
Follow-up: Noticed purple dot on bottom lip. Am I at the risks of STD? 33 minutes later
I noticed it today and kissed the guy Saturday night. It's about 1cm in width and long ways. No, it's not associtated with redness or anything like that, and no I haven't taken any medication either. It's just purple my dad said it was lack of water because i do take addaroll and don't stay hydrated.. Idk, what are your thoughts?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later

Thanks for the information.

The rash could be a direct side effect of the medication Adderall as explained.

The other possibility is that it could be a contusion resulted due to unnoticed mild trauma. Such mild trauma to the lips can be seen in XXXXXXX kissing. Here the blood oozes into the loose areolar tissue of the lip and stay there for some time resulting into a rash. These are trivial; appear reddish purple to black and fade over time without needing any medication. Applying warmth to the affected area can fasten the recovery.

There is no need to worry unless the lesion is associated with itching, redness, swelling or pain. If you experience any of the above symptoms you may have to consult a dermatologist to have it managed.

Hope I answered your query .Please do ask doubts, if any.