Noticed pulse and heart rate high. Had EKG. Suggested Anterior Infarct. Lost weight. Taking Adderal. Suggestions?

Pulmonologist
Question
My pulse or heart rate has been very high for around two months. 103, 109, 113, 105 etc. My doctor conducted an EKG and explained he was referring me to a Cardiologist for next Monday. He did tell me that the report said I have had an Anterior Infarct. I have been so stressed trying to sell Real Estate and working at a junkie retail shop at night to make ends XXXXXXX I HATE that store and working there. I also have lost 25 lbs. taking Adderall and cutting food intake. My doctor said they will probably take the Adderall away, but I don't feel wired like cocaine or speed I only take 20 ml. twice a day that makes me not hungry, not wired! I did my will last week because I have a very real and hunch I am not going to live a long life I have always felt this way. Can I have another heart attack now? Right now my pulse is 102. My chest feels super tight at night, right now. Can't seem to get a deep breath.
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Shashi Dangwal 2 hours later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

All your medical problems seem to be because of Adderall that you are taking.
It is known to cause fast heart beat as well as irregular heart beat. It may also cause other critical heart disease.

Your doctor says that you have already had an anterior infarct. Yes you can have another heart attack and risk is high since you are taking Adderall.

You must consult a cardiologist and go for a complete check which should include a complete work up for any heart disease.

You must stop taking Adderall as soon as possible to avoid further complications.