Noticed puffiness around eye in the morning. What's wrong?

Jun 2015

When I wake in the morning, under my eyes is alittle puffy and really white. it fades away somewhat during the day is this a sign that something is wrong?
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 3 hours later
Hello dear,
You have mentioned in your post that you have recently got your Thyroid profile checked.
If they are within normal limits, then Hypothyroidism as a cause of puffiness around the eyes can be ruled out.

Presence of puffiness under the eyes in the morning can be a sign of renal involvement (related to kidneys).
Investigations like Renal function tests such as blood urea, serum creatinine & serum albumin levels will be helpful in clinching the diagnosis.
Please let me know if you have noticed any recent changes in the pattern of urination such as decreased urinary outflow or increased frequency.
It will be helpful for me to make a better diagnosis.

Wishing you a Good Health. Let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.