Noticed pinworms like structures coming out of nose. Will this cause nasal sinus?

ENT Specialist
I believe I have pinworms and have them coming out of my nose. They look just like the pictures and have had severe headaches, digestive problems, weak immune system (sick all the time). My grandson has them coming out his nose and now my boyfriend does also. I have gone to the doctor and asked to be tested but I was told I was imagining things and it was just allergies. No test were done for parasites and I was embarassed I had gone. Do pinworms cause nasal sinus and ear problems, and it looks like dead ones come out of the nose? I also had them in my stools but have been taking herbs to relieve the pain in the head, nose and ea
Posted Fri, 8 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ravinder Sharma 1 hour later
I am Dr Ravinder Sharma ENT surgeon

On the basis of the information provided I would suggest you to collect these pin like structures coming out of nose in a bottle and show it to the doctor on your visit. The purpose of this exercise is to get them investigated and see -what they are actually -- pinworm or something else?

Pinworms do not cause nasal and sinus problem.I have not seen a single such case in about 20 years of my practice in ENT.

However I would suggest you to consult and ENT surgeon for your problem. It will be difficult for me to decide whether you need a Psychaiatry consultation or not without examining you.

I hope this answersyour concern. Feel free to contact me if you require more information about it

with regards
Ravinder Sharma