Noticed pink spotting after periods. What is going on? What to do?

Infertility Specialist
I just had my period, it ended about a week ago. I went to the bathroom and the inside(not vagina) stings badly and when i wipe its light pink color. Any suggestions?
Posted Wed, 29 Aug 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Based what symptoms you are suggesting it seems to be simple infection which could possibly go away soon.

The pink colour discharge is the collected menstrual blood from your recently completed periods. This will also come down in 3 days.

If the discharge remains or foul smell does not go away, I advice you to get examined by a gynecologist who will take the sample of dischage and send it for examination (culture) & advice you the medication accordingly.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.