Noticed pink red colour in vomiting. Feeling nauseated. Any idea about what is going on?

I began vomiting what looked like blood. It was a pinkish red color. The second time I vomited, it looked brown. I haven't eaten anything since about 3 pm eastern time yesterday because I was too nauseated. I've been coughing a lot, too. Do you have any idea about what is going on?
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 34 minutes later
coffee ground color vomiting, nausea, two days back history of fall with no memory of the event- this constellation of manifestation denotes to the possibility of something in the brain.
May be you have suffered a subdural/extradural hemorrhage due to fall that is leading to vomiting of central cause.
You must rule out a fresh central event in view of these symptoms.
I hope your query has been answered. I will be happy to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion and put a rating for it.
Dr.Monika Choudhary