Noticed pink discharge after sex. Had tubal. Should I see a doctor?

I am ovulating right now and after sex I had a small amount of light pink discharge. Later I noticed a stringy brown discharge. It lasted 1 day and has now stopped. I am not pregnant, had a tubal 7 years ago after my 2nd child. I am 36 years old. As far as I remember this is the first time this has happened. Is this something to worry about? Do I need to see my doctor immediately or should I observe for another month?
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 13 minutes later
Thanks for your query. It seems like a mid cycle spotting, which is seen as a pinkish discharge if the amount of spotting is very minute. Small amount of blood mixed with vaginal discharge will present like this. And it is physiological.This is not a worrying thing right now. If you have any future episode of POST-COITAL BLEEDING and abnormal vaginal discharge I strongly suggest you to consult your OBGY specialist.
Other possibilities in your case might be mild CERVICITIS or a small cervical polyp. But these conditions will have recurrent episodes. So I suggest you to wait and not to worry. You can observe for few cycles and get a routine PAP smear. Its very very important to have regular PAP smear tests done.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile