Noticed pink and dark blood while urination after abortion. What could be the cause?

Hi I just had a abortion a month ago. And then I got my period after my period is done 3 days later I see each time I pee I wipe it with paper I see light pink blood and dark brown blood sometimes red blood it continues around 7 days and stops like there days now it start again and I have pain like period what could be the cause
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

Following an abortion, it is common to have spotting, intermittent bleeding per vagina, and crampy pain.

It takes some time to settle down. Once your hormone levels are normal, your bleeding will stop and the menstrual cycles will regularize again.

It has been a month now that you had the abortion, it would be wise to get a transvaginal ultrasound to make sure that there is no retained products of conception in the uterus.

There is nothing to panic now. Ensure you take adequate fluids orally and take adequate rest as well.

You should be fine soon. Do write back if you have more queries.