Noticed penis is dry and skin wearing off. Veins vastly bulged. Penis is not harder when erect. Cause? Solution?

Psychiatrist
Question
I'm XXXXXXX XXXXXXX 27 years old.i have been masturabting for many years when im in teens due to the masturbation or something i don't know my penis became drier and skin on my penis started wearing off i mean it used to be thicker now it is so thin and my veins vastly bulged out.please tell me a solution so that i can get my penis skin thicker as before.and also when erect my penis head is not harder as my penis, is this common?please clarify my doubts i'm worried

V XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 24 Sep 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

This is a common problem faced by youngsters due to ignorance or due to non availability of sex education. Masturbation is considered as a part of normal human sexual behaviour and is is very common among young males. It does not have any bad effects on health and does not lead to any medical problems.

Some people have many wrong ideas about masturbation - that it causes ill effects on health like nervous weakness, reduced energy, etc or sexual problems like impotence or erection problem in the future. All this is not true and these are just myths and misconceptions. Secondly, there can be a lot of normal variations in penis size, and remember that size of the penis is not a major factor in sexual performance.

Penile skin is normally thin and it is normal to see visible veins through it. It is common. But if your skin is getting dry then you can take dermatologist to rule out infection or any autoimmune skin condition. In such a scenario you may be prescribed topical medicines to take care of dry skin.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Noticed penis is dry and skin wearing off. Veins vastly bulged. Penis is not harder when erect. Cause? Solution? 37 minutes later
thanks for the answer, I have asked another question that when my penis is erected the head of the penis is not as strong as the penis is it normal? head of the penis is soft when erected.please answer my question

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:
Hello again,
Thanks for follow up.

Head of the penis (Glans Penis) is usually firm (like tip of nose) at the time of erection. The strength of erection may get reduced due to anxiety and worry (maybe related to masturbation).

I will describe some simple measures which will help you:
-First of all, quit smoking and alcohol (if you are taking any)
-Stop worrying excessively about masturbation, penile veins and sexual performance.
-Enjoy masturbation fully whenever you do it.
-Eat a healthy diet: fruits, milk and eggs
-Exercise, particularly aerobic exercise (like: Jogging, skipping and cycling) daily. It will increase blood flow all over body including penis and will reduce stress.

Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Noticed penis is dry and skin wearing off. Veins vastly bulged. Penis is not harder when erect. Cause? Solution? 11 minutes later
thank you

Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi

Detailed Answer:

Most Welcome.