Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed penis hole getting larger and burning while urinating. How to heal this problem?

A couple days ago I noticed that the hole of my penis was slightly larger. As the days passed, it has gotten larger and it also burns when I urinate. It looks like a knife slit going downwards towards my testicles. I am freaking out and I have no idea what to do. What could it be? And how do i heal this? And also, how long will it take to heal? Thank you!
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Hello dear,
The increase in size of the hole is apparent.

That means due to infection there is mild oedema, which is making it look bigger.

Burning pain during urination is classic of antibiotics.

Please XXXXXXX a physician as soon as possible.

For now drink lot of water with alkaline mixture.

This alkaline mixture is easily available over the counter in any medical shop.

Please don't delay much as urinary tract infection can have various complications, like involvement of bladder, testicles etc.

Hope I answered your query.

Feel free to ask any further doubt.

Thank you
Follow-up: Noticed penis hole getting larger and burning while urinating. How to heal this problem? 23 hours later
I went to a walk-in and they are testing me for chlamydia also. I have only had a clearish-white discharge once, and that was a week or maybe longer after my first symptoms. I am so scared about waiting on the results so I was wondering if a discharge is possible with a UTI. I have only had unprotected sex with one girl (my girlfriend) and she has been tested for STD's (about a month ago). My symptoms again are pain when urinating (unless I am very hydrated), enlarged urethra, and one time of some discharge. Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later

It looks to be UTI however there is possibility of being STD as well.

As most of STD are silent in females and show their manifestation in males. so it is not necessary that if your girlfriend does not have any symptoms, even you wont have.

I suggest to wait for results, and why to worry even if it is chlamydia, it is completely curable.

HIV does not manifest like this and not so early so don't worry.

Thank you