Noticed pale stool after taking omegas and flax seed oil post gall bladder surgery. Suggest

I have pale stool after gall bladder surgery. This seemed to happen after I started taking omegas and flax seed oil. Any connection?
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 32 minutes later
Brief Answer: Detailed answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. Pale stool indicates obstruction to the bile flow. This can be confirmed with a liver function test and an ultrasound scan of the abdomen. Since it happened after gallbladder surgery, damage to the bile duct is the likely cause. Intake of omegas and flax seed is not responsible for your symptoms. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini