Noticed painless swelling on anal region, hot to touch. What is the disease called?

Question
anal small swelling hot while touching not bleeding but painful
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 16 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

The description of your symptoms is pointing towards bacterial infection of hair follicle known as furuncle. It is caused by Staph.aureus bacteria. But the confirmation is needed by physical examination by a physician. Mean while you can continue using topical amoxicillin or ampicillin preparations.

If you need any further clarifications, please write back.

Dr. Sivayogi

Follow-up: Noticed painless swelling on anal region, hot to touch. What is the disease called? 12 minutes later
what is home remedy to be taken?
whether it is case of anal fissure or haemorroida?

Answered by Dr. Venkat Sivayogi 1 hour later
Welcome back,

The main differentiating points between anal fissure and hemorrhoids is, patient experiences severe tearing pain like a knife cutting inside during passing stools in case of anal fissure. Anal fissure is commonly seen in patients having constipation.

In case of hemorrhoids dilated thread like enlarged veins appear during straining for stools and patient feels discomfort to sit for a long time.

In your case there is less possibility of both, but I advise you to go through clinical examination for confirmation because directly seeing the condition of the problem gives better clarity about diagnosis of your problem. So consult a general surgeon

Follow-up: Noticed painless swelling on anal region, hot to touch. What is the disease called? 45 hours later
sir 2 days baaack i asked my problem question regarding my perianal swelling
after 1 days when i was getting sitz bath the swelling reptured and blood and little pus came out.
after that i felt little bit relaxed but the little swelling again came out
what to do. i m taking sitz bath 3 times a day with little savlon antiseptic added on warm water
sir i want to ask you that what cream to apply over swelling and what antibiotic to be taken so that it completly dry and heals away quickly.
as im afraid of going to any surgeon.
sir i have stopped taking amoxalin after 2 days as im not getting any benefit
the only benefit i m getting is after sitz bath
sir plz tell me that which cream to be applied over my swelling to control infection?

Welcome back,

Your presentating symptoms are consistent with the possibility of staph.aureus infection i.e. a furuncle. Sitz bath gives you good relief; but infection and the pus formation can't by controlled by this.

You can try topical antibiotic preparation like neosporin on the affected area. I would also suggest you to take oral antibiotic. Oral antibiotics are prescription medications and your local doctor can prescribe this to you. Paracetamol thrice a day can be taken for pain relief.

Hope this helps. If you need any clarifications I can provide you,

Dr. Sivayogi