Noticed painless pink growth on vagina. How to get rid of it?

I have a bright pink oval shaped growth not far inside my vagina like by the hymen area which gives no pain except during sex. . What is it and can it be removed?
Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 50 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
This could be any thing from an infected hair follicle, an infected or clogged vestibular gland, a viral wart or may be a tumor ( God forbid).
I suggest you should see a Gynecologist for confirmation of the diagnosis. Most swellings can be removed by excision biopsies. You should discuss this during your consultation visit.
Hope I have given you the desired information. please write back if you have any question.
Wish you good health
Best regards.

Follow-up: Noticed painless pink growth on vagina. How to get rid of it? 34 hours later
I already went to my doctor (British National Health service) but she used a speculum and said she couldnt see anything, yet it is visible to me just using a mirror. She just said she had found no 'cyst' so I shouldn't worry, but referred me to a specialist but my appointment is not till 13 Dec. and I am very worried.

Now I seem to have TWO little oval lumps on this bit of skin inside. Does this help the diagnosis? Now it is very uncomfortable to have sex, whereas it wasn't before , yet I have a new boyfriend!

Also it may be that I have had this over-sensitive patch of skin all my life, I have asked several doctors but they could never see anything; now it is inflamed. Does that mean anything to you?
Thanks so much!
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 30 hours later
Thanks for your question & very sorry for being late.
I have two suggestions for you:
1. I don't know the doctor you have seen was a Gynecologist or not; If not, consider visiting a Gynecologist especially if you are very sure that there is some definite swelling. If you have already seen a Gynecologist you should take a second opinion for confirmation.
2. If there is really no organic lesion but you still have painful spots then the likely diagnosis is Vulvodynia. But only a Gynecologist can diagnose it after excluding other causes.
Now coming back to your question, as you are dependent on NHS for referrals then you may like to try some local anaesthetic jells for symptomatic relief while waiting for your appointment ( like Xylocaine jelly or lignocaine jelly etc. which ever is available in your area provided you are not allergic to it).
Hope my answer will be helpful to you. Please write back if you have any other question.
Have a great day.
Best regards