Noticed painless bumps on labia. Pap smear normal. Should I be worried?

Mar 2013
Hello there,
My name is XXXXXXX And I have a question. About two weeks ago I noticed two little small bumps on the inside of my left labia near my pee hole. They are small And flesh colored. They do not hurt when touched And they are painless. There's no bad odor. They do look like part of the skin though. I have had a pap smear back in may of this year which came out negative. My question to you is it something I need to worry about like an STD or is it maybe a cyst or a skin tag? I did go to the clinic yesterday And the Doctor said it looks normal like it's part of the skin, however, keep am eye on it And it anything changes then come back in. Please help id like more answers. I was with with a guy back in march And we did have sex but broke up in April And that's when I went in for a pap smear.
Posted Sat, 12 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
What you describe sounds very much like skin tags.
Unfortunately, just based on the description, it is difficult to differentiate them from genital warts / cysts or other growths inside the vagina.
As you are sexually active, getting screened for STD is always a good idea.
I would be able to help you better if you could please upload a picture of the bumps.
That would be more informative.
A possibility of skin tags is most likely, as they are flesh coloured and not painful.
All the best.
Please feel free to ask for further clarifications.