Noticed painful red bumps on vulva . How to cure this and reduce pain?

Dec 2012

yesterday I noticed red bumps on my vulva and in the opening of my vagina. They are very painful and its kinda hard for me to walk. Ive had bumps down there before but they were ingrown hair, its really freaking me out and I don't know what to do! Is there anything I can do to reduce the pain so I can walk to go see a doctor! (I don't have a car and even by bus I still have to walk a fair bit which is out of the question right now!
Thanks for your help

Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later

Thanks for posting,

What you can do right away now is get ice packs and place on your vulva. If you have any pain medication like aspirin or acetaminophen or ibuprofen or any pain medicine that you can get a hold of.
Cooling ice packs will relief you a little as it is an inflammation of the vulva and antiinflammatory will give you a little relief before you can go to the ER.

Hope this helps and let me know if you got any further questions. I will be online in case you need any more assistance.

Dr. Nsah