Noticed painful bump in the corner of mouth and sore inside mouth. What is the cause?

Hi. I'm a healthy 28 yo male. No sexual history other than kissing
I have a painful bump in the corner of my mouth. I would just like confirmation this is not a cold sore. I have tested negative in the past for hsv1. I do not engage in risky behavior. No additional bumps or sores. My inside of my mouth is sore but.I think its from something else
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

Given your risk free history you should not have any STD. The HSV1 test confirms that as well. The new bump is just incidental that can happen in normal and healthy individuals.

It is not correct to stress out with simple and single bump like it appears in the photo. These stressful and unnecessary thoughts can give sleepless nights.

Pop up a multivitamin tablet once a day after meal for a month and forget about this bump, it heals on its own.

Thanks. Hope this answer relieves you from all the doubts.
Follow-up: Noticed painful bump in the corner of mouth and sore inside mouth. What is the cause? 59 minutes later
At a glance only, not considering my history, would you say it appears to be a cold sore? Thanks. You have relieved my mind so far.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 5 hours later

I considered your history not the picture alone. I meant you were lucky and saved. You are still susceptible to HSV1 if you kiss a person who has cold sores. Please be aware of it.

If the past HSV1 negative test was before the appearance of the cold sore you should better retest it. Having HSV1 is not something that ends the life. It is the stressful thoughts that 'I have HSV1' cause the extra stress blisters.

Thank you.