Noticed oily yellowish grease coming out of anus. What could be causing this?

Hi doctor ,
I have been having this oily yellowish grease coming out my anus ,it started a long time ago once but now it's a regular thing I try not to eat any greased stuff but its still a problem now it's worse please doc I just want to know where can I go to let them check to see if something is wrong with me and what can I do to let this stop because its so embarrassing

Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 36 minutes later
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
Oily yellowish grease coming out of anus suggests that there is a problem with fat absorption and hence the same is coming out of the anus.
Now fat absorption is a function of liver and gallbladder. If it doesn't work well, then the oily fat will come out of the anus and the same will present as in your case.

You need to visit a gastro surgeon. You should get an USG abdomen done to find out the status of your gall bladder.

Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.