Noticed numbness in toe. Could this be related to panhypopituitarism?

Neurologist, Surgical
I have a place on the outer side of my left big toe that is numb, almost like when you have numbness from the dentist. It has been cold for a while on and off and yesterday I noticed the numbness. It is pale where the numbness is. Could this be related to my panhypopituitarism? If not, what could be causing this?
Posted Sat, 17 Nov 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 2 hours later
Dear friend,
This is probably not related to hypopitutarism. However this could be related to nerve compression either at back due to disc disease or at any other place. A simple examination by the primary physician can give some clue about the cause. For exact confirmation of the cause site kindly get Nerve conduction velocity study in lower limbs. Also I would like to get arterial doppler in limb involved to rule a vascular cause.