Noticed movable spot on the left breast. had breast cancer earlier. Had a mammogram and sonogram

May 2014

Yes, I just had a mammogram and sonogram. I also had my oncologist do a blood test. Recently I found
A tiny rubbery and movable spot on the left breast, very close to cleavage area. All tests came back good
However I had breast cancer 11years ago in right breast near armpit. That area never moved and felt a little
Different from this one. I am still concerned even though I got a clean XXXXXXX of health because I was instrumental
In discovering cancer11years ago when mammo did not pick it up.Question, are there limph nodes in cleavage
Area? Should I still be concerned?
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please find detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.

If your follow up mammogram and sonomammogram along with blood test are showing normal results, there is little reason to worry. If not visualized in mammogram, sonomammogram usually shows even smallest spots in the breast. I am sure your doctors have seen all breast areas before giving a normal report.

There are occasional intramammary lymph nodes seen anywhere in the breast and they have characteristic appearance on ultrasound. They are not seen in every woman but might be present in few. If present, they are documented on the report.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back in case of doubts.