Noticed movable knot on side of face near ear. Worrisome

I have a knot that appeared on the left side of my face near my ear a week ago. It moves around
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 42 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

The lesion you described above i.e knot near ear which is mobile easily is likely to be enlarged lymph node.

Is it painful? If yes enlarged lymph node can be due to any infection ranging from common cold, dandruff, ear diseases, dental caries. If causative infection is treated, it diminishes completely. I would suggest you to consult physician to rule out and treat the underlying infection.

If it is painless then just observe it for increase in size, appearance of pain. It does not need treatment usually.

Anytime if knot is fixed, hard and surface becomes irregular; then you need a consult by ENT specialist.

I hope I have answered your query. In case of doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.
Follow-up: Noticed movable knot on side of face near ear. Worrisome 30 hours later
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 3 hours later
You are welcome.

If you have no further queries, please close this discussion. Any reviews are welcome.

If you are satisfied with my reply and wish to ask me a question related to your health in future, you may post your queries on this link:
Wish you good health