Noticed movable bubble in vein on top of foot. What is this and suggest some cure?

There a bubble in my vein on top of my foot that move when I slide my hand across it It is an itchy pain on the top of my foot i am a male 54? YYYY@YYYY

Posted Fri, 17 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 22 minutes later

I would understand the condition better if you can attach an image of the above mentioned lesion (bubble), here.

Based on your description it appears to be a thrombophlebitis or a lipoma.

Let me try to be more specific , do help me with the information.

Since how many days is the lesion present ?
What is the skin colour over the lesion ?
Did you have any sort of trauma in the affected area ?
Is it soft in consistency ?
Are you on any medications ?

Waiting for your reply,
Follow-up: Noticed movable bubble in vein on top of foot. What is this and suggest some cure? 6 hours later
No discolor
The bubble is thick in constancy
No meds
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 13 hours later

Thanks for the information,

I would be delighted If a image of the lesion was attached here.

Also based on your description I am nearly convinced that the lesion you have could be Thrombophlebitis, which is a infective condition arising from walls of blood vessels.

This is not a serious condition and over time it may disappear, also sometimes it may grow in size and cause dislodgement of the thrombus (blood clot) .The dislodged clot can cause blockade in any of other narrow blood vessels and result in subsequent infarction.

I suggest you to visit your treating doctor who after examining and confirming the diagnosis place you on antibiotics which is essential.

Meanwhile apply Thrombophob ointment Composed of heparin which will help by resolving the clot and also reduce the swelling.

Hope i answered your query.

Wish you good health.