Ask a Dentist   »  

Noticed mouth sore on the inside of bottom lip. Should I consult dentist?

I woke up Saturday morning with a very very small mouth sore on the inside of my bottom lip and the other one on the inside of my jaw. I've never had a mouth sore before. No STDS or anything like that. They're both white looking... Should I be concerned or contact my dentist?
Posted Sun, 4 Nov 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Bibhu Dutt Nanda 1 hour later
There are several causes of oral ulcers that we shall have to look out for. This could be due to stress, smoking, vitamin B complex deficiency, diabetes etc.
Secondly, while an ulcer takes 5-7 days to become ok, you can take a Vitamin B complex supplement along with plenty of fruits and vegetables. This will help in healing.
Its not something you need to be concerned about immediately, but a good dental exam can help us rule out several conditions. Do make the time for a dental appointment so that the cause can be found and recurrences can be prevented.
Hope that helps
Let me know if you have any further questions.