Noticed massive pusy pimple on face. Suggest medication

Hi my 10 mnth old son has a cold and is getting three teeth but today a massive pusy pimple type thing has popped up doesnt hurt when i touch it but im worried beacuae its massive and not like ghe little ones he gets from his bottle ! Thanks
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Pyoderma skin : Topical antibiotic cream Detailed Answer: Hi, I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. First of all , your child is really cute. Now as I can see, there is a small infective lesion that has developed on his face. You do not need to worry about it. Children are very proof to develop such infections since they keep touching things here and there and then they touch their face with the same hands. So all you need to do is the either lukewarm saline water to clean the lesion twice a day or you can use a mild diluted antiseptic lotion. Following this, apply an antibiotic cream like neosporin or mupirocin over the affected area twice a day. You do not need to cover the lesion. You can leave it open. With just this treatment, it should heal in two to three days. Hope it helps If you have any other query, please let me know. Dr Geetika Paul MD(DERMATOLOGY)