Noticed lump under eye and side of nose. How to get relief?

I woke up with a lump under my skin under my eye and along the side of my nose. My left side of my face I puffy, my left nostril hurts to be touched and my upper left side of my lips hurt. It feels like I have a fat lip
Posted Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 2 hours later
thanks for sending your query to us.
Such a picture can be present in cases of both infection and allergy.more likely to be allergy as it is more widespread and sudden and less painful.
Infection on the other hand will be more painful,more localized and usually takes longer to develop.
In your case since it is involving wider area,chances of allergy are more,and also due to rapid development.
Treatment is to locate possible causes of allergy and anti allergic treatment.
We have to keep on the look out for some super added infection
Do contact me in case of any further development.