Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed lump on penis, redness on penis head and scrotum. No pain or discomfort. Any cure?

I am a 23 year old male, weighing 150 lbs. After a long a plane ride I noticed the skin on the rim of my penis had a lumpier texture than normal extending around the penis rim. On one half of the rim I noticed a .2 inch dark blue line extending around the rim, looking like a vein that I had never noticed before. The skin at the tip of my penis and another patch of below the tip became bright red a day later and has remained so for over a week. Several days after the initial discover I noticed my left scrotum was also bright red. The skin above the blue line on the rim of the penis also became bright red around this time. I had no pain or discomfort anywhere until yesterday (one and a half weeks after the initial discovery) when I began to feel soreness in my testicles.
Posted Wed, 27 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 24 minutes later
welcome to XXXXXXX
The blue structure may be a vein as you suspected.
The redness of the penile skin may be simple infection called balano- posthitis.
The scrotal redness may be epididymo- orchitis.
You need physical examination by a specialist like urologist or a dermatologist.
Once done, a diagnosis can be reached and appropriate treatment started.
Till then you may
1. Use antibacterial ointment for the penis redness - LIKE MUPIROCIN.
2. Scrotal support and ice application for the scrotal redness.
Hope this helps.
Best regards
Follow-up: Noticed lump on penis, redness on penis head and scrotum. No pain or discomfort. Any cure? 54 minutes later
I've applied Clotrimazole.

Do any of the symptoms sound like there is risk for an STD?

I'm also concerned about the lumpy texture on the rim of the penis. Where the skin used to be smooth I notice some irregular lumps. They are only noticeable after careful examination and are limited to the rim of the penis.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 10 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It can be STD, if there is history of exposure.
Physical examination is a must to proceed further.
Also, please get your sugar levels checked, as skin thickening can occur in diabetes.
Best regards