Noticed lump on neck. Warm to touch. What can be done?

Jun 2013
Lump left side of neck changes size warm to the touch round and smooth
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 11 hours later
Hi there ~

A lump on the left side of the neck which is warm and changes size is most likely to be a cyst (that is infected) or an aneurysm of one of the branches of the carotid artery or the carotid artery itself. I think that you will also find it interesting to see that you have had no problems till now except for the type 2 diabetes which I am hoping is well controlled. I would advise you to get a carotid doppler after you have had a physical examination of the swelling/lump when you visit with a surgeon. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day!