Noticed lump on leg. Not black or blue. What can this be?

Hi, I noticed a lump/bump on my XXXXXXX about 3 weeks ago. I think I might have bumped my leg in that spot but I don't remember.... When I push down on it, it feel
Posted Mon, 7 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 0 minute later
This may be a small bruise. Observe for now - warm compresses and see your doctor if the area persists more than one week.
Follow-up: Noticed lump on leg. Not black or blue. What can this be? 7 minutes later
Its not black and blue and its been there for 3 weeks alresdy. Its not large but if feels like its attached to the side of the bone.
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 3 days later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
In this case I recommend a followup. you may need an imaging study to look at this such as an ultrasound. Otherwise a good physical exam by a skilled physician would be advisable as a good starting point.