Noticed lump near anal opening. No pain or itching. Could it be wart? Suggest

General Surgeon
Hi, XXXXXXX this side . I'm 18 yrs old. few months back I realized there is a skin lump (suddenly arrived) in my anus opening region . it doesn't pain , no itching and no other problem. as I read online it could be a wart Bt it doesn't even look like a wart. please tell me what it could be I'm almost getting mentally sick now thinking about it.
Posted Tue, 16 Jul 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 36 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Well, it can be a wart due to HPV infection. But to get this infection, anal intercourse is necessary. So this is rather hardly possible at your case.

Usually, a lump in this region is nothing more than a hemorrhoid. This condition is caused by constipation, pushing hard on stool and lack of physical activity. Such lump can be painless, soft with smooth surface. It can have skin color or be a little bit more reddish or even blue (like a vein).
You may have itching around the anus and a trace of blood on the surface of the stool or on the toilet paper.

I suggest you to follow this steps (it will help to make hemorrhoid less visible):
- increase fiber XXXXXXX products and mineral water intake (so the stool will be softer)
- do not push hard on stool
- wash your anus after every stool
- have sitz baths with Quercus Cortex twice a day
- start OTC suppositories for hemorrhoids

Such treated hemorrhoid should become less visible in a week or so, however it wont disappear. Surgery is permanent solution.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.