Noticed lump inside rectum area and getting abdominal pain. How to get relief?

Nov 2013

Hi I have discovered a lump inside my rectum area which is protruding out it is quite tender but not painful. I have also experienced some abdominal cramps the past few days and I have period skips also what could this be?
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 7 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

The most likely possibility is a rectal prolapse, where a part of rectum protrudes out of the anus.

The common symptoms are rectal pain, tenderness, pain while passing stools and bleeding.

The only other differential diagnosis is haemorrhoids or piles, but in piles, pain is not a feature, bleeding from rectum is the main complaint.

Please consult a surgical gastroenterologist or a colo rectal surgeon for evaluation and treatment.

Hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM