Noticed lump between elbow and armpit. Took antibiotic for UTI. Should I go for biopsy, ultrasound?

have a lump size of thumb nail right between my elbow and arm pit on right below bicep.
Just noticed it. Was just checked for NHL last week blood good and palpatated neck groin armpit stomach etc complete exam by top notch hemotologist
NHL in remission 14 years. Had a urinary tract infection three weeks ago took antibiotics now gone
What to you do think Biopsy, ultra sound, wait other?
Not rushing to go back to oncologist
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Lymphoma
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 4 hours later
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in .

Since you have already been examined and evaluated for NHL , and everything is ok according to your hematologist, I don't think there is any cause for worry.

However , I would advise you to visit a physician and get a basic physical examination done, who might suggest a biopsy based on the clinical appearance(mobility, consistency etc) of the lump.

Lipoma, a benign harmless tumour of the fatty tissue is normally seen in the region you mentioned. This is generally painless.

Another possibility is a torn muscle, but this would be extremely painful.

Please visit your physician for the examination of the lump.

Have a wonderful day :)

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan
Follow-up: Noticed lump between elbow and armpit. Took antibiotic for UTI. Should I go for biopsy, ultrasound? 10 hours later

I got the lump it biopsied. The Dr. said it was a swelled lymph node ( Didn't think there were any in this area) reactive to something. I had a UTI a few weeks ago. She saw different size lymphocytes in the material that she took from the lump and sent it to lab.
Any thoughts on what it might be or coming from/
Any further comments?
Answered by Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan 45 hours later
The lymph node seen the region you mentioned could be an epitrochlear lymph node.. which can be enlarged in cases of infections/ trauma to the upper arm/hand, lymphoma etc.

Let us wait for the biopsy report for an accurate diagnosis.

Dr. Divya Kuttikrishnan