Noticed lump behind testicles oozing green pus mixed with blood and foul odor. What is the cure?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
My husband has had a lump for several days now behind his testicles, past this on the inside, on his buttock cheek near the anus, it looks like an angry, red open area resembling a scratch, that's open and oozing green pus mixed with blood, with a foul odor.I looked at this today and don't know if it's related but there is also a large irregular and puffy looking dark spot about the size of a pencil head just up from there, next to his testicles.
Posted Tue, 17 Dec 2013 in Testicle Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is a perineal abscess. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your husband has developed and swelling over perineal region which is discharging a greenish pus .Most likely this is what is called as Perineal abscess. However final diagnosis can be confirmed only on clinical examination by qualified General Surgeon. Please send pus for culture and sensitivity to find out out the organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to, Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication llke Diclofenac twice daily .and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report. You may need to drain the abscess and clean the wound properly under general anaesthesia. Ensure to clean and dress it daily. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Noticed lump behind testicles oozing green pus mixed with blood and foul odor. What is the cure? 6 minutes later
Thank-you for your prompt and informative answer. What typically is the cause of these types of infections? I have been having him apply neosporine to the site after he cleans it, is this ok? We live in an rural area, he will be seen by a Dr at the end of next week.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer: It is staphylococcal infection of hair folicle. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Please take antibiotics and anti inflammatory medication as advised earlier. Clean and dress the wound properly. Consult qualified Dr as early as possible. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.