Noticed lot of wrinkles on penis. What can this be?

Urologist
Question
There has been what looks like some sort of wrinkle in my penis head for about a month. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it goes away a bit. I put the image of it up online on my website because imageshack deleted it. I could email it to you if that would be better

WWW.WWWW.WW

I'm wondering if this is because of disease (UTI) or something. I'm sexually active. Is it necessary to go to doctor to examine this?

Thanks for any help
Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
unlikely UTI

Detailed Answer:
welcome to the forum.
Problem in the penis head in not due to UTI.
Wrinkle does not point any specific disease process.
It is better to get examined to look at the area for any clue and decide the further course of action.
Best regards

Follow-up: Noticed lot of wrinkles on penis. What can this be? 2 hours later
Is this normal or could it be some sort of skin condition? Do wrinkles on head of penis sometimes occur? I saw information about "penis wrinkles" but I read that generally does not happen on head of circumcised penis. Is that correct or can wrinkles occur on head like that?

Thanks

Brief Answer:
rare

Detailed Answer:
welcome back---
Wrinkles on the penis head are not found normally. There is no known medical condition as penis wrinkles.
However, It is wise to rule out skin conditions as they can sometimes affect penile head too.
Best regards

Follow-up: Noticed lot of wrinkles on penis. What can this be? 2 days later
My insurance does not cover specialist visits. What sort of specialist would be best to see for this?

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
normal penis head in opicture

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
The picture attached shows normal penis.
If still worried, you may take an opinion of a urologist or a dermatologist.
Best regards

Follow-up: Noticed lot of wrinkles on penis. What can this be? 27 hours later
I've done more research. I'm looking around and it says "paper cut" like marks on penis can be sign of herpes. Is this like the "paper cut" of herpes? What does herpes "paper cut" look like?

Research
WWW.WWWW.WW WWW.WWWW.WW

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
beyod my scope

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
I honestly feel that the discussion is leading to a sexually transmitted disease specialist.
Kindly take an opinion from a STD specialist and get well soon.
best regards