Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed little worms in urine. What could it be?

dear doctor I just noticed tonight that I have little tiny worms in my urine what are they? what causes them ? and do I do?
Posted Wed, 4 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 19 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The worm in the urine are extremely uncommon except in bedridden and neglected cases.
There are sometimes protein cast in urine that are mounds of urine tubules and look like worms.
Another possibility is that if your gut is harboring the worm like enterobius then it may travel in the urethral region and may get flushed to appear as if from urine.
Best approach is to take a urine sample with the WORM and a stool sample for ova and cyst separately and get them tested in laboratory.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Follow-up: Noticed little worms in urine. What could it be? 22 minutes later
ok Thanks I have another question. I also noticed that I have swollen lines down the front of my neck kind of like a v shape.. what could that be as I have never had that either.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 13 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
Because the query is unrelated, it is difficult to say, front of neck may have engorged veins, interconnected veins or lymphatic congestion.
if you can load a photograph; may be I can help you more optimally.
Wish you a great health!