Noticed little shadow on eye when going out in sun. Concerned

i can see some little shadow on my eye wen i go out in sun they are like small lines which are transparent
Posted Wed, 21 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
thanks for writing in.

The lines you are describing can be periorbital hyperpigmentation.

However it can be many other causes.
If you can upload photographs of the affected area,it will help a lot in predicting the condition and suggesting treatment.
Photos can be uploaded by using feature "upload your reports"on right side of the box.

The lines can be treated by using kojic acid and glycolic acid creams.
They can be applied at night time.
Use sunscreen during the day time.

Upload the images and we can continue discussion here.
Hope this helps.

I will be available for follow up.

MD skin and VD
Follow-up: Noticed little shadow on eye when going out in sun. Concerned 5 minutes later
they cant be see on my eye ball wen i see in the sun or bright light i can see thoes lines come on my vision

and the lines are not skin wen i see i can see may be some eye specialist can help me
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 18 hours later
Hi again XXXXXXX

I understood your problem.There is nothing to be worried about.

Your symptoms sound suspicious for an ophthalmic migraine (migraine without a headache).
An ophthalmic migraine often includes zigzag lines, colored lights, or flashes of lights expanding to one side of your vision over 10 to 30 minutes.
While what you described is not likely to be a sign of a more serious problem, you should consider scheduling an evaluation with your local Eye specialist.

Depending on what exactly the "bright curved lines" look like, and how long they last, and also on the age and gender of the affected individual, an ophthalmologist would think of migraine symptoms or possible retinal problems.

Some normal people may sometimes have these type of symptoms.
There is no urgency.But it is better to visit an eye specialist at your convenience to rule out ophthalmic migraine and other retina related problems.

Eye specialist would advise you to undergo few tests like fundoscopy,retinoscopy,tonometry.This will help in guiding your diagnosis and treatment if at all required.

Hope this helps.

I would be available for any further queries that you may have.