Noticed light spotting, dizzy, light headed, queasy, and sweating. Are there any chances of pregnancy?

Hi, I have a couple of things going on. I first off, I am 29 year old female not on birth control. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant. Ok so my menstrual cycles are always spot on and normal but this month's period lasted one day and it stopped. That was a week ago and I woke up this morning around 4am dizzy, light headed, queasy, and sweating. I took a pregnancy test last week and it was negative but I was wondering if there is still a possibility I was pregnant and it is too early. If not, what other possibilities could I be facing if any? Thanks in advanced.
Posted Wed, 18 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Pregnancy isn't ruled out yet... Detailed Answer: Hi, Home based pregnancy test is more accurate when it is done few days after the due period dates. If your period have been fairly regular, then this months short period may be due to pregnancy. I would recommend you to test again to confirm/exclude pregnancy. You can take the result of second test without doubts. If pregnancy is ruled out the other reason for these symptoms include hormonal disturbance, anemia, ovarian/uterine condition or even systemic infection. You can wait for few days before visiting a doctor if symptoms persist. Unrelated to your current concern, if you are trying for pregnancy I suggest you take folic acid supplement. 5mg folic acid taken once a day is beneficial. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarification. Regards