Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed light bleeding from penis during sex. No pain or discomfort. What's wrong?

Psychiatrist
Question
my partner and i were having normal sex (although quite vigourous) and noticed when haveing a brief break that my penis was bleeding. There was no pain and the blood was coming from inside the penis.
|This bledding only lasted a short while whilst i had an erection has only happened the once. Subsequently no blood of discomfort is evident in my urine .

Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar 26 minutes later
Hello and welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thanks for your query.

From the description of your symptoms, it is appears that you must have sustained a minor injury to the mucosal lining of the urethral opening. The mucosa of the urethra is quite delicate and can get injured with rough sexual intercourse.

Since, your bleeding was only brief and you don't have any subsequent complications, I don't think you have to worry about this. I would suggest that you:
- drink plenty of fluids
- abstain from sexual intercouse for a few days (to allow complete healing)
- observe for any complications such as bleeding, passing reddish urine or pain (in case, you develop any of these, you should seek medical attention)

Wish you all the best.

Dr. Jonas Sundarakumar
Consultant Psychiatrist & Sexologist