Noticed lesion with burning sensation while masturbating. Had unprotected oral sex. Tested negative for HSV. Is it STD?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
While masturbating with hand lotion I felt a burning sensation, after looking I noticed a small lesion. I have recently had unprotected oral sex, within a month so concerned about STD's. It's is small, maybe 2-3 mm. It's is a single lesion and it bled a little this morning while I was inspecting it. It appears to change color and shape each time I look. Example after showering it's skin colored and after being dry for several hours it's more red. It's been there 2.5 days and appears to be resolving. I've tested negative for hsv (both types) in the past so it would seem odd to have just a single sore that didn't start as a blister if it is an initial outbreak. Ideas?
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: There is little risk of STD with oral sex.. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have unprotected oral sex while having a small lesion on penis. Though Oral sex is relatively low risk sexual activity compared to intra vaginal sexual intercourse there are chances of transmitting STD with unprotected oral sex if the person giving oral sex has viruses or bacteria in her/his saliva. Since you have a lesion on the penis and If you have not done all the basic screening tests for STD including that for HIV very recently after you had unprotected oral sex you need to repeat the same now . Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily . Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily and apply topical antibiotic ointment locally . Avoid sexual activities till it heals up completely and you turn out to be negative for STD. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil. .

Follow-up: Noticed lesion with burning sensation while masturbating. Had unprotected oral sex. Tested negative for HSV. Is it STD? 4 minutes later
Sorry to be confusing. The lesion wasn't present when I had sex I noticed it many days after. I am concerned the lesion is due to the oral sex. Herpes is my concern.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: It is not Herpes Infection. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Since you do not have ant urinary symptoms like burning urination.urethral dischargeor itching of the genitals it can be Herpes infection . Do not worry it may be due to biting mark due to oral sex Please take broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefotaxime along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily . Ensure to wash your genitals with warm water twice daily and apply topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporine locally . Avoid sexual activities till it heals up completely . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil