Noticed itchy red liquid filled hard bumps on neck, arm and foot. Have sore throat and ear ache. Worrisome

Question
Hi I have really itchy red hard bumps some have liquid in them on my back, neck, arm and foot. The original site was on my back which was about 6 days ago have scabs on them and today I have sore throat and ear ache? Most of the bumps are on my lower back around 10
Posted Sun, 14 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the query

i would be requesting some information about the bumps. what is its size? what is the liquid? pus or white water type fluid? any associated fever? are they compressable? do you scrab them?

will be waiting for your response

Thanks

Follow-up: Noticed itchy red liquid filled hard bumps on neck, arm and foot. Have sore throat and ear ache. Worrisome 15 hours later
The bumps r different sized some really small like a spec some have clear fluid they are really itchy and the ones on my back were the first ones to come and they have scabbed over. No fever sore throat and earache, I'm not sure what compressable means?

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 1 hour later
Hi
Thanks for the reply

The red itchy bumps you have described is most probably are allergic in nature resulting in urticaria. it can be due to contact dermatitis. It is a rapidly progressive condition. The scabs are mostly formed due after scratch to relieve itching. Use of anti-allergic like citrizine and loratidine is quite helpful. ice cold sponging and cold water bath also helps in temporary relieve of the symptoms.
A visit to dermatologist is recommended as you may require shots of anti-allergic and steroids

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask. it will be my pleasure to help you out

Thanks

Follow-up: Noticed itchy red liquid filled hard bumps on neck, arm and foot. Have sore throat and ear ache. Worrisome 2 hours later
Would the sore throat and ear ache be related to the dermatitis?

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 55 minutes later
Hi
Thanks for the reply

Yes it is due to the same problem. in allergic condition there is release of histamine which causes congestion of the veins affecting most commonly the throat as the veins over here are superficial. if your throat will be examined you will see a reddish congested area in you pharynx. The antiallergic medication will also cure the sore throat earache. if you feel too irritated with pain. then in case ibuprofen can be used

if you still have some queries feel free to ask

Thanks