Noticed itchy red dot on outer labia. It hurts and burns to touch. What could this be?

Hi I descovered a red dot on my outer labia 3 years ago it changes place and I only get one or two. They usually appear before or after my period. They hurt very little and if I touch it it burn n itch they don't pop or open it looks like a very small mosquito bite. Its there for two to three days n its gone. I'm 24 and sexually active I got this after I cheated with a Guy that shaves ...people told me its a infected follicle
..please help
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
From your description, the red dot that you have can be due to an infected hair follicle or dermatitis. Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle.

As far as the treatment is concerned, apply warm compresses and keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also avoid wearing tight fitting clothes and wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and underwear. Wash the area well with an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as Neosporin are also useful.

In case, the dots turn painful or causes open sores, Herpes should be ruled out. Till then wear cotton clothes and try not to irritate the dots.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.