Noticed itchy bump on forearm and thigh. What could be causing this?

Last night I noticed three differing mosquito-bite-sized bumps on my right forearm and one on my right thigh. They were exceedingly itchy. Anyway, within a few hours they began to disappear, and by the morning they were gone. However, tonight there is one asymmetrical itchy bump on my left calf, and I have no idea what is going on. I should add that I am not allergic to any foods or medications; I also live in the Mid-Atlantic, so it's quite cold here now 20s-30s F.
Posted Fri, 15 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 48 minutes later
Thanks for writing in .
The condition can be papular urticaria, prurigo etc.
You can apply cooling soothing lotion like aloe Vera or calamine.It will help in reducing the lesions.Also you can apply hydrocortisone 1% cream over the itchy bump.
You can also take tab zyrtec twice daily for itching .
If you can upload the photographs of affected area it will help in predicting the condition.
Upload the photos and we can continue the discussion here.
There is nothing to be worried about .
I will be available for follow up.
Dr Sudarshan
MD dermatologist