Noticed itching and white formation inside foreskin of penis after changing the soap. What should be done?

Jan 2014

Hi I have an problem in my penis. Recently I changed my soap from park avenue toYardley. After that I had itching sensation on my thighs near my penis. I took Quadriderm cream and the itching went but now there are white formation inside the foreskin of my penis. I cleaned it but again it's coming back. Please suggest me what to do. There are small cracks on the inner foreskin.
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Classical Candida Balanoposthitis Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting in XXXXXXX The signs and symptoms that you mention (Itching, white deposition and linear cracks all round on the inner surface of prepuce are classical of candidal infection of prepuce and adjacent glans) i.e candidal Balanoposthitis. I would advice that you avoid using any kind of soap to clean the delicate skin of foreskin and glans. Instead you can use just plain water for gentle cleansing. I would like to know your age? Do you have diabetes? Were you recently tested for blood sugar? Does your sexual partner suffers from vaginal discharge or vulval pruritus/itching? I would advice that you apply a topical steroid+antifungal cream twice daily for 7 days. Abstain from intercourse for a week till it is cured OR otherwise you can use a condom Can take cetrizine once daily for itching. If its slow to respond OR recurs again i would advice that you visit your nearby dermatologist who might prescribe you one of the oral antifungal agents( either Fluconazole/ Itraconazole). take care regards Dr. kakkar
Follow-up: Noticed itching and white formation inside foreskin of penis after changing the soap. What should be done? 16 minutes later
Hi doctor thanks for the reply. I will like to answer your question, My age is 27 and I don't have diabetes. I have not checked my blood sugar levels recently. What cream do you suggest I apply. can I get the cetrizine from any medical shop? Currently I don't have any sex partners.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Antifungal cream+cetrizine tablets Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for the information. I needed that information because diabetes/high blood sugar predisposes it. You can contract it from your sexual partner if he OR she is infected. You can apply a steroid+antifungal cream for a week e.g one containing Beclomethasone+Clotrimazole would be ideal. Its available OTC. Yes, cetrizine is also easily available take care regards Dr. kakkar