Noticed itchiness, redness and blisters on penis after sex. Suggested bacterial infection. Worried?

Question
hey,
I had a sexual contact with a girl of my university. Then my penis started itching and redness occured. Then i consulted a doctor and my tests were done where there was was no signs of anything. He said it was just a bacterial infecion and now i have no discomfort in my penis.
But, there have started some blisters(red with white puss in them_ on my right leg, which are quite itchy and painful. I am really worried for that.

Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The itchy and painful blisters on the right leg seems like Herpes but a physical examination and investigation would be helpful in confirmation of the diagnosis.

Since you had unprotected intercourse so possibility of sexually transmitted disease is high.The risk of the infection also depends on whether the girl with whom you were involved was actually infected or not.

I would advise you to visit your Healthcare Provider earliest for evaluation and required investigations so that appropriate treatment can be started soon.
Meanwhile avoid intercourse until cured.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Noticed itchiness, redness and blisters on penis after sex. Suggested bacterial infection. Worried? 29 minutes later
I had visited the doctor then. He made some test and definitely said that it is not herpis. While i am confused between multiplex follicalites and herpis. Pls, guide me.
Should i go to him again?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Yes you need to consult your physician again as herpes lesions are sometimes late to appear. In case it is multiple folliculitis, then systemic antibiotics need to be prescribed. A direct examination is an integral part of diagnosis.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.