Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed inner side of penis foreskin red. No pain, itch and burning sensation. Anything serious?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I noticed the inner side of my penis foreskin became mild red. it likes like a Red Ring (1 cm width). When I pull back the foreskin, i could see that. But, there is no Pain, No Itch, No Burning effect.

Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the photographs and the facts that you have posted it appears that you have noticed ring forming on inner side of foreskin while retracting it over glans penis.

The prepuceal skin (Foreskin) has two layers the outer layer is brownish in colour that matches with the colour of the skin of the shaft of the penis while inner layer is thin and matches with the colour of the glans penis (Pink) .

Looking at the photographs that you have posted the ring that you see is folding up of the inner layer of the skin over itself .

This is normal and not to be worried about.

Clean your genitals while taking bath everyday so as to prevent accumulation of smegma .

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..

Follow-up: Noticed inner side of penis foreskin red. No pain, itch and burning sensation. Anything serious? 11 hours later
Thanks you very much for your quick response.

I started seeing this discoloration a month ago. I thought it would go away by itself. but it didn't. I never saw this discoloration before.

Are there any treatments to get the Skin Color back to Brown as it was before?

Does it expand or spread to other areas?

Is it BXO?

Any help on this will be much appreciated. I am depressed as the color have changed and it didn't look good.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 14 hours later
Hello
Thanks for follow up.

It is unlikely to be BXO .In BXO you are not able to retract the foreskin freely over glans penis and the skin gets thickened and becomes white .However i would suggest you to consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination to confirm the diagnosis.

The pink colour that you are worried about is not significant as the foreskin is getting retracted freely over glans penis.

Thanks and regards.
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Noticed inner side of penis foreskin red. No pain, itch and burning sensation. Anything serious? 14 minutes later

Awesome. Thanks a lot. Now, I am feeling free.

I have an appointment with my Dermatologist next week. I thought of checking before that to have an idea of it whether its treatable or not (get the skin color back to brown).

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for writing again.
I do not have any knowledge of drugs changing colour of the skin to brown.
Perhaps Dermatologist may help you in this regard. Thanks.
Dr.Patil.