Noticed inflammation, pain and numbness at the injection site. What can be done for relief?

Infertility Specialist
My friend asked me: "I shot 1 step meth in my vein a couple times tonight, I feel a small inflammation and a little bit of numbness and not a burn but a light pain tingle in the injection site, is it because I've poked a few holes in the vein? What will relieve this, I did not miss I know how that feels, possibly on the way in or out a trace may have been released outside the vein but nothing was shot missing the vein. What could the explanation be and how do I reduce the symptoms?" What should I give them as an answer?
Posted Wed, 27 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: nerve trauma Detailed Answer: Hi, there are nerves around veins which carry sensation of that part. It is possible that you have hit the nerve while injecting. This will heal in a week. Not to worry. Regards
Follow-up: Noticed inflammation, pain and numbness at the injection site. What can be done for relief? 4 minutes later
Is there a way to reduce the agitation ?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yoga Detailed Answer: Hi, you can do Yoga and meditation to reduce agitation. Meth increases agitation. Please stop it. You can see doctor for prescription to reduce agitation. Regards