Noticed increase in weight. Should I get my thyroid checked?

Radiologist, Nuclear Medicine
Do I need to get checked for thyroid?
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Manoranjan Chowhan 1 hour later

There are various causes of weight gain.The most Common Causes familial besides issues related to diet with sedentary lifestyle.
Besides these, hypothyroidism may be also be a cause for weight gain.Though along with weight gain Hypothyroidism also makes one feel lethargic, makes one feel weak, easily fatigued and sometimes intolerance to cold , hoarseness of voice may also occur besides menstrual irregularity etc.
This needs Proper assessment includes both physical exam& Laboratory tests eg.Serum T3, T4 and TSH.

Let me know if further clarification is needed

Thanks from Dr Chowhan