Noticed huge blood vessel inside of cheek. What should I do?

Question
I today got this huge blood vessel on the inside of my right cheek. What shall I do about it?
Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

If by any chance you can click an image of , do attach here so that I understand the condition better and advice you specifically.

The appearance of a dilated blood vessel in the inner aspect of the cheek can happen in two conditions .One is the inflammation this would be accompanied by pain and swelling in the cheek.Taking antiinflammatory like Ibuprofen will help you here.

The other condition where such a dilated blood vessel appear is due to trauma where the lesions will disappear on own as the cheek mucosa has a good capacity to regenerate.

Also there are many conditions which present with a mass in the cheek , but they develop over time may be weeks or months do not present suddenly.

Anticipating your response.