Noticed heart beating fast, breathing problem and stomach is big. What to do?

hai name is XXXXXXX age heart is beating so fast from 1week.and couple of days back i got breathing problem.and my stomach is very big if i dont eat also.please solve my problem i feel like breathe is so diffucult.i consulted a doctor but he is saying there is no problem.i am kind of a person very very senstive.i get tensions for small things.from last 1 week i am suffering from fast heart beat and breathing problem.please help me

i have hyper tension from my childhood

last week i am in heavy stress due to project work.from there i am facing this problem
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 52 minutes later

Thanks for your query on XXXXXXX

I will advise you to get evaluated for cardiac and respiratory causes of your symptoms before labeling your symptoms as stress or anxiety. Also can you describe the symptoms in detail? How much is your blood pressure staying? What medicines are you taking for blood pressure? Are you on any other medicines?

In the meanwhile my advise is as follows:

1. Get the tests like ECG, Holter Monitor, blood tests that include thyroid profile, CBC, cardiac enzymes, lipid profile, serum electrolytes, serum calcium levels, etc.

2. Try relaxation techniques like muscle contraction technique, breathing exercises, meditation, etc. Breathing technique should help you in regulating your breath. Try doing work within your limits only. Do not over-exert. Do daily exercise for at least 20 min a day. Can do yoga, gym, walk cycling, swimming, etc.

3. Take low calorie diet, no coffee/tea/alcohol/smoke, etc. Take hygienic diet and pure drinking water. Drink lots of water to flush out toxins from your body.

4. Also keep a record of your abdominal girth, diet, weight.

Waiting for your reply

Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Noticed heart beating fast, breathing problem and stomach is big. What to do? 5 minutes later
my doctor advice me to take nexpro,evion lc,and restyl doctor.he adviced me to take for 10days.and my bp is normal.shall i consult a psychiartist.i am staying alone parents are not with me. Due to this tension i want to die doctor.what should i do.i have no parents gave me everything
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 33 minutes later
Hi again

There are many options available for you apart from the advise I have given you above.
I will list out a few:

1. Visit a psychiatrist.

2. Socialize and talk to people outside your work. Get engaged in social activities. Get into a social organisation. Help people who have facing problems. Helping others will definitely make you feel better. Always stay in company of someone.

3. The breathing techniques help a lot with anxieties. There are some organisations that teach yoga and a breathing technique, for example Art of living is one such organisation.

4. Keep a planner to plan out your daily activities. Take life as it comes. Take decisions when faced with a situation. Do not stress out. Try to stay away from people or situations that can cause stress.

5. Try to implement my earlier advise.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Noticed heart beating fast, breathing problem and stomach is big. What to do? 3 minutes later
can i become normal by meditation and psychiartist can help for me?
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 11 minutes later

Of course psychiatrists can help you. They can give you medicines and counselling that can help you deal with the stress.

You will feel much better with meditation. It helps in building inner strength and focusing power. It helps you with dealing stress in a better way. It will also give you an organisation where you can safely socialize and you will be able to find people similar to you.

Also get tested as per my advise earlier. There may be a medical condition causing all these symptoms.

Dr Vaishalee